We’ve analyzed a significant amount of data and have come up with recommendations on how to maximize the working life of your Pro and Pro S Resin Tanks.
Following these recommendations will ensure the best print results and will enable resin storage in the tank for up to 6 months.
Recommendations to maximize resin working life:
- Cover the tank with the black plastic lid whenever the printer is not in use or when the tank is outside of the printer.
- Store tanks containing resin in a dark location at room temperature between 10°-30°C (50°-86°F).
- Mix the resin in the tank before each print by stirring for at least 30 seconds.
- Remove the cover and stir the resin for at least 30 seconds once a month when the resin tank is in storage. Replace the cover after stirring.
One Resin Tank for Each Resin:
For the best printing consistency, and to avoid potential cross contamination of the resin, only one resin type should be used for each Resin Tank.
The build platform can be re-used but should be cleaned between types of resin.
When to Replace your Resin Tank
The Pro S Resin Tanks are rated to last up to 30 L of resin with normal use, but it is recommended to replace after 10 L of usage for the best consistency and reliability of prints. This ensures the correct tension and non-stick properties of the Resin Tank's film is maintained during use, and is a necessary part of machine ownership.
Different resins can have dramatically different building parameters, which will affect how each Resin Tank wears over time. Other factors, such as the size of the models, number of models printed, print volume , and total height can have a significant effect on Resin Tank lifespan. For high strength restorative resins, such as nanoceramic OnX or similar teeth resins, it is recommended not to exceed 10 L of use for best results.
If you suspect your tank may beginning to show signs of wear, it may be time to replace.
Worn out Resin Tanks can be identified by some of the following:
- Hazy or rough surface of the plastic film inside the tank
- Wrinkles or visibly stretched plastic film
- Loud noises when the platform lifts up between layers (peel process)
- Horizontal lines or shifts throughout the printed models
- Issues with adhesion of models to platform
- Discoloration or visible leaks underneath the plastic film
How do I know how much resin has been used in a single tank?
The Resin Tank for the Pro S 3D printer includes advanced electronics and RFID devices that allow the printer to track the lifetime and health of each tank. All of this can be performed on the printer's touchscreen, with easy to follow instructions.
Where can I purchase replacement Resin Tanks?
Replacement Resin Tanks can be purchased through your SprintRay distributor of choice, or directly from our online Store at: https://store.sprintray.com/